There is no doubt about it, traditional marketing is not the power it once was. Gone are the days when 25 million people will sit down to watch the same television programme at the same time - well except in the US for the Superbowl, perhaps.
The world wide web has changed so much of our lives - and it's not just the way we watch TV.
1. The Internet has changed how people buy stuff
The salesmen no longer have all the answers. We have a computer at our fingertips - be it a laptop, tablet or mobile phone. We have the power to research before we ever set foot in a store.
2. No one wants to be bombarded by advertising
Despite what many web developers and advertisers think, we don't want to see adverts everywhere. This is shown by our attempts to escape sales media at every opportunity.
- We screen our phone calls
- We filter out spam emails
- We block pop-ups when we surf the web
- We record television on our hard drives and fast forward through the commercial breaks
3. To get noticed, business owners need to rise above all the noise
But you cannot do it by just shouting louder.
The scattergun approach of traditional marketing meant throwing it out there at a time when it would get maximum exposure and hoping it would be seen by someone who was interested.
But people don't want to be interrupted and distracted with marketing messages when they are being entertained. And, in 2015, they have the option to say so.
So, how can you get your business in front of those people who are ready to buy?
Inbound Marketing. Use remarkable content to turn strangers who have never heard of you into customers.
Find out more by downloading our free ebook below.