We're excited to share the news of a brilliant new update from Google My Business for your map listing!
You can now create and publish posts with news of Offers or Events or Products/Services that can be seen and clicked by people viewing your listing in Maps or on the Knowledge Panel on the right hand side of some search results.
Here's one we created earlier!
Even when you're closed, you're still able to show off your products!
PS If you're after LinkedIn training at a discount, make sure you visit our Knowledge Graph to get the code and the link for this Offer!
How to create and publish posts on your Google My Business map listing
- Sign in to Google My Business. If you have two or more locations, click Manage location for the location that you'd like to manage.
- Click Create post. Or click Posts from the menu in the left hand side bar.
- The 'Create post' screen will appear. Here, you’ll see options to add photos, text, events and a button to your post. Just click each field, and enter the relevant information.
- Once you’ve created your post, click Preview to see a preview. If it looks good, click Publish in the top right corner of the screen.
- Open the Google My Business app.
- In the bottom right corner of the screen, tap the create icon . Then tap the posts icon that appears.
- The 'Create post' screen will appear. Here, you’ll see options to add photos, text, events and a button to your post. Just tap each field, and enter the relevant information.
- Once you’ve filled in your information, you’ll see a preview of your post. If it looks good, tap Publish in the top right-hand corner of the screen.
Downsides to creating posts on your GMB listing
So, you can see from the image above how my post displayed when I clicked on the option to view it... and again when I checked it on the Knowledge Panel a few minutes later.
An hour later, when I checked it again, it had resized the posts panel so that you can only see the top of poor Molly's head!
It would be great if you could let me know in the comments what version of this image you can see!
Need to make a change to your GMB post?
You can edit or delete by clicking on Posts from the menu.
Click the post you want to edit or delete.
To edit, click edit at the top right.
To delete, click delete at the bottom.
There is even the option to see Insights about how many people are interacting with your post.
It's a nice feature with the potential to provide a lot of opportunities to reach the people who are searching for your business.
UPDATE - Search Engine Land informs us that these posts will disappear after 7 days unless they are advertising an event, in which case they will disappear once the date of the event has passed.
Not sure what I am talking about or got a problem with your Google My Business map listing? Click the image below.