Facebook Reviews and Recommendations - Two Top Tips To Get Them Seen
by Jo Shaer, on November 11, 2013
Effective use of your Facebook Reviews is very important to the success of your business page.
A happy customer clicks on the Review button under your cover image or the Review section in the right hand sidebar.
Then they click on 4 or 5 blue stars and say something really positive about your product or service.
Why a Facebook Review can have limited and short term value
The customer's review then appears in their news feed. All their friends can see it over the next 24 hours or so. Hopefully, some of them will notice. They might even click through to your Page to find out more.
The review is also published in the Review section in the right hand sidebar of your Page. But it's such a small feature.
Even if you have lots of reviews, it's not hard for anyone who is thinking of doing business with you to miss them.
So how can you make the most of any Facebook Review for your business?
Well, here are a couple of suggestions:
Making the most of my business Facebook Reviews
1. Link to the Facebook reviews that people have left on your page
Go to the personal profile of the person who has left the message.
Because you are logged in as your Page, you will not be able to see all their personal information. However, in some cases, the person's Recent Activity may still be visible. This Recent Activity should include recent reviews. However, recent does mean recent. You will need to act quickly once a review has been left.
You should be able to click on the image that accompanies the review. A new window will open with its own facebook/activity URL. However, if you just repost that link on the timeline of your business page, it's not very enticing. Even if you were to alter the title that shows in the preview box to 'Positive Review'. It doesn't generate an image of that review. So it won't stand out in the news feed of your fans.
However, you could post that link on Twitter!
2. Turn your Facebook Reviews into Facebook Milestones
- So, follow the steps above and get to the page where the review is showing in full.
- Now, take a screenshot of that full version of the review.
- Save it to your computer.
- Next, go to your Business Page and in the status update bar, select Milestone.
- The Milestone dialogue box will open.
- You will now have a choice to upload an image to accompany the Milestone.
- Find the Facebook review on your computer.
- Upload it as an image to the Milestone. That way it gets a full width entry that everyone can see.
- Choose a suitable effective Title. "Another great recommendation" "Another happy customer for *"
Link from images of your Facebook Reviews to your website
And don't forget to complete the description for the image of the Facebook Review.
You do this by clicking on the image in the Milestone. This image is stored with all your other images. And, like all your other images, there is a chance to add a description.
Include a link to your website where potential new customers can find out more about how you can help them. Once saved, this will become a hyperlink to your website.
This is quite an advanced technique. If you're new to Facebook for business, go here. You'll find some basic tips to setting up your page. And using it effectively.