Speak to Lollipop
Get More Clients

Fire Safety At Your Small Business - Do You Have A Fire Officer?

by Jo Shaer, on September 16, 2013

Did you know that if your business has 5 or more people you must keep a written record of your fire risk assessment?

Did you know that you need to delegate a competent person to be responsible for fire safety if you are:

  • In charge of premises used by members of the public
  • Offering accommodation to paying guests
  • A charity or voluntary organisation
  • Using any part of your home for business purposes
  • In charge of a block of flats in England and Wales

So, whether you have a dedicated office or work from your home, if the public visit those premises, small business owners need to have someone responsible for fire safety.

Here are some more useful links for more information

Fire Industry Association Guide to Best Practice for Fire Safety

To find out more about Fire Safety in the Workplace

And a few videos that highlight the importance of having an evacuation policy and the right type of extinguishers for every type of fire.

Fire Safety First training

Preventing Fire in the workplace

Evacuating a building

Fire Extinguisher Training

Topics:Small BusinessWomen and Small Business

Social Media Blog

Lollipop loves Social Media. Our blog shows you how to promote your business and convert your website visitors into leads and paying customers. Take a look!


Subscribe to Updates

You May Also Like

These Related Stories